Student Guidelines and Helpful Hints
- Club and activity options are organized by day and posted on a quarter schedule, but students need to consult the activity schedule daily for a list of confirmed activities offered, meeting locations, and sign-up instructions. Daily sign-up occurs on the cafeteria stage during lunch periods.
- Students are responsible for selecting one activity each day from the activity listing, following sign-up instructions, and reporting to the activity location by 3:00pm.
- Students remain in their activity with a supervising sponsor until dismissal at 4:25pm.
- Students need to communicate with their parent in advance to obtain permission to stay after school with one of their teachers or for an activity. Each sub school office has a student phone, if needed.
- A PE uniform and athletic footwear are required for all sports and fitness activities unless instructed otherwise by the activity sponsor or coach.
- No backpacks are allowed in the locker rooms after school. Personal belongings must be secured in a student's sub school locker before heading to the gym.
- PE lockers may be utilized after school if a lock is used to secure belongings.
- Cell phone use is at the discretion of the activity sponsor.
- Students must be supervised while on campus after school and may not leave campus and return to ride the late bus home.
- FCPS Students' Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R and school rules) apply during the after school period.
Ways to Stay Informed:
- Explore this website, especially the Clubs and Activities page to learn about all activity options. Contact the sponsor via email, if desired.
- Refer to the activity schedule and print for reference or save to your home screen on your mobile device for quick access during lunch periods.
- Listen to announcements broadcast on Good Morning Robinson (GMR) and during lunch periods.
- Read the Student Ram Blast for updates and activity announcements.
- Follow after school program happenings on Twitter @RobinsonSSNews.
- Use the current quarter schedule to plan your time after school and check the activity schedule daily for updates.
- Attend interest meetings to learn more about a club or activity.
- Be mindful of sign-up and/or registration procedures for certain activities of interest and follow instructions provided.
- Maintain a balance of activities, academic support, and family commitments.
- Speak to Mrs. Aunon during your lunch period in the cafeteria to get your questions answered.
- Parents are welcome to contact the After School Program office by calling 703-426-2339 to verify attendance.
- If a student needs to leave an activity prior to dismissal, the parent should contact the activity sponsor, supervising teacher, or After School Program office so arrangements can be made for pick-up.